Make Google my default search engine in web browsers (Internet explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox) on windows operating system.
Here you can find the method of “how to Make Google my default search engine in internet explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox permanently.
No doubt, Other search engines are also good. But mostly people prefer to use Google search engine. I don’t knows way you like it 🙂 . Therefore, they want to keep Google on first preference in the form of default search engine.
In many web browsers, Google is present as default search engine. But sometimes during installation of some kinds of software we change our default search engine accidentally. In internet explorer, need to add google search engine add-on yourself.
Now you can get back Google as default search engine in your web browsers easily. Simply click on your browser name below. it takes you to your desire procedure.
|Google Chrome||Internet Explorer||Mozilla Firefox|
Make Google my default search engine in Google Chrome:
- Open Google chrome and go to settings through menu (at top right of the browser).
- In settings, you see Marge Search engines button under Search. Click on it. Or simply copy this chrome://settings/searchEngines and past in url of chrome browser. and press enter.
- Here all search engines are available which you already used. But the default search engine is only one and its name is in bold form. In below screenshot, Bing is default engine.
- For changing to google search engine, Move courser at the end to google search line. You see Make default option which was hidden. Click on it; you done your job 🙂 .
- If Google is not available here. you can add it from below in other search engines.
Make Google my default search engine in Internet explorer:
Bing is default search engine in Internet explorer which is already present in it. For using Google search engine, we need to add Google search engine add-on from internet explorer add-ons. The complete procedure of adding this Google add-on as default search engine is as following.
- Open internet explorer and Click on down arrow in url bar. List of search engines appearing which you use. But the default search engine and suggestions are Bing search engine.
Click on Add at the right bottom. like below.
- Site of internet explorer gallery is opened in new tab. Here you see different search engines add-ons. Find Google Search and Click on it.
- After select Google search add-on, its details are open. Simply click on Add to Internet Explorer button.
- You see a confirmation message before adding add-on in internet explorer. Here Check all options like below image to make Google default search engine. And finally click on add.
- Now you are done your job effectively. Go to internet explorer search bar and enjoy Google engine.
Make Google my default search engine in Mozilla Firefox:
- In Mozilla Firefox, Click on Menu button (at the top right corner of the browser) and open Options.
- In options windows, Go to search (at third number). Here all search engines including default search engine is available.
- By default, Yahoo is a default search engine in Mozilla Firefox. Click on down arrow (right side of default search engine). A list of search engines is appearing. Select Google from here. And click on Ok finally.
- You are successfully change your default search engine 🙂 .
Hope now you can easily make Google default search engine in your web browser. Share with your friends. Comment below, in case of any problem about this article. Please give us your feedback and suggestions. Thanks for Reading 🙂 .
You may also like to read How to search an image on google in 5 ways.