how to send large files via email – sending large files in email attachment by making small size multiple files using WinRAR- password protection in WinRAR.
We send email in our daily life. Sometimes, we need to send large files via email. For this purpose we use attachment files during email composition. But problem is there, every email sending website (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail) have data attachment limit.
You can send messages up to
- 25 megabytes (MB) in size via Gmail and yahoo.
- 10 megabytes (MB) in size via Outlook and Hotmail.
These limits are for complete (message + attachment) email. We can only send emails of above size freely. So, to solve this problem we can use WinRAR multiple files option. Mostly we use WinRAR for file compression. This also have option to make multiple compression files of one file. For making multiple compression files, you must install WinRAR. If you not have download this from Download WinRAR.
Procedure of create multiple compression files of a large file:
- After download WinRAR install it in your system. If you already installed this than no need to do this step.
- Right click on large file which you want to make small files. Select add to archive…
- New window of WinRAR is appearing. Select split to volume, size from bottom left corner. Choice size or give manually according to your requirements.
- If you want to make password protection files than set password. Click to set password.
- New set password window is appearing. Give password of your choice. Press OK in both windows.
- Files compression process is start. This take little time if file size is large.
After this process you get number of files of small size. Upload these files in more than one emails, and send emails. Give password to receiver for opening files. Warning..! open file have last name “part 1” when all files are downloaded, and save at one place or folder.
You may also like to view Skype offline installer for windows