How to show hidden folders and files in windows (xp, 7 and 8) – complete guide of “how to show and hide a folder or files in windows”.
We hide data which not in our use but necessary for operating system. Sometimes we also hide our useful data also. We think hiding data is providing security but that’s wrong. After hiding important data, we feel relaxed because chances of damage or delete of this data are decrease. We hide data easily as it is simple in all versions of windows. But sometimes we are in difficulty when we don’t know the method of show hidden folders. Now don’t worry about it. As I provide this articles of How to show and hide a folder or files in windows.
Steps to hide a folder or files in windows (xp, 7, 8 and 8.1):-
The procedure of hiding folder or files is same in windows xp, 7, 8, and 8.1. So follow below steps to hide folder or file in any windows version.
- Open properties of the folder or file (want to hide) by right click on it.
- In properties window, go to general category you see hidden check box at below.
- Check this box by click and apply. Your folder or file is hidden now.
How to show hidden folders in windows 8, 8.1:-
- In windows 8 or 8.1, Open window explores or simple open my computer. Select View form the top of that window. Or press Ctrl+F1.
- In show/hide area, you see hidden items check box. Select this to see hidden folders and files.
How to show hidden folders in windows 7:-
- In windows 7, Open my computer or window explores. Select Organize form the top left of that window. And Select “Folder and search options”.
- In folder options, you see advanced settings. Select “Show hidden files, folders and drivers” in advanced settings. Now you able to see hidden folders.
How to show hidden folders in windows Xp:-
- In windows xp, open my documents or computer. Click on Tools at the top of the window and select folder options.
- Folder options are same like in windows 7. Go to View and select “Show hidden files, folders” from advanced settings. After applying this action you are able to see hidden folders.
Hope you like my effort. Comment below! in case of any suggestion or problem. You may also like to read Best tips How to increase Typing Speed.